By Laurence Schwesinger Berlie
Read Online or Download Alliances for Sustainable Development: Business and NGO Partnerships PDF
Best strategy & competition books
Reflecting the demanding situations of formulating, imposing and tracking procedure in perform, White's modern textual content discusses differing theories and methods within the context of real-world adventure. Readers are inspired to conceptualize and generalize company difficulties and to confront philosophical matters with out wasting sight of useful goals.
Utilises the reports of the simplest businesses and leaders in rising and mature markets to focus on the required linkage of ardour and self-discipline in an efficient method approach. ardour motivates and continues a manager's concentration, when self-discipline is critical to make ardour efficient and powerful.
Utilizing concrete examples this booklet places the commoditization phenomenon below the microscope, laying out an fiscal research, via strategies and strategic options.
Enterprises trap and install what they've got realized in 4 methods: tradition, outdated execs, information, and tactics. This publication describes the 4 methods, their power and shortcomings, and their interactions.
- Business Process Management within Chemical and Pharmaceutical Industries: Markets, BPM Methodology and Process Examples
- Strategic Organizational Diagnosis and Design: Developing Theory for Application
- Coopetition: Winning Strategies for the 21st Century
- Cultural Impact on Lean Six Sigma and Corporate Success: Causal Analyses Considering the Effects of National Culture and Leadership
Additional resources for Alliances for Sustainable Development: Business and NGO Partnerships
118 Managing the NGO’s capacity of confrontation also helps prevent the state from passing stricter laws. com - licensed to University of California-CDL - PalgraveConnect - 2011-04-20 36 lobbying against the company and by trying to change company practices through voluntary engagements (and being convinced that changes are possible), NGOs may bring less pressure on the state to draft stricter laws against the private sector. 119 It is therefore fundamental that the NGO maintains its autonomy and its capacity to criticise, and it must not hesitate to criticise.
Com - licensed to University of California-CDL - PalgraveConnect - 2011-04-20 Corporate–NGO Alliances Alliances for Sustainable Development Companies which choose to go into partnership with NGOs have recognised a certain number of elements in their business environment: new consumption trends, new requirements for companies concerning responsibilities and ethics, growing environmental and social concerns, and the increasing importance and credibility of NGOs. In other words, their strategic behaviour is based on rational elements in the search for competitiveness.
3. 4. , networks) Capacity of confrontation. , this is a negative capability). , knowledge, credibility), and negative motivations, which respond to the company’s concern as to what the NGO can ‘remove or take away’ – mainly the company’s reputation. These resources/capabilities are not ends in themselves. 1 Corporate motivations cost reduction, corporate image enhancement or a differentiation of positioning. It is always somewhat artificial to treat these four resources/ capabilities separately, since a company often seeks to obtain several of them simultaneously.