By Mark Conrad
At one time, activities assurance was once ratings, standings, and megastar performances. despite the fact that, activities has advanced right into a ecocnomic, advanced, and multi-dimensional enterprise, as wide and complicated as any. This booklet explores the company element of activities with an orientation to these issues which are such a lot appropriate to reporters, delivering the root for knowing a few of the elements of the activities enterprise. relocating past activities writing, this article deals a special viewpoint on expert, collage, and foreign activities organizations—structure, governance, hard work matters, and different enterprise components in the activities neighborhood. Written essentially and compellingly, The enterprise of activities contains situations (historical, present, and hypothetical) to demonstrate how enterprise matters play a job within the reporting of activities. providing serious insights at the enterprise of activities, this article is going to be a required source for activities reporters and scholars in journalism.
Read or Download The Business of Sports: A Primer for Journalists (Lea's Communication Series) PDF
Similar scientific-popular books
This special digital e-book on CD-ROM has an entire replica of the U. S. military box handbook, Operations in a Low-Intensity clash, FM 7-98, 260 pages. additionally, as an advantage, there are reproductions of over a hundred very important U. S. military box Manuals protecting such subject matters as strive against, hands, operations, education, aid, and dozens of specific subject matters!
A hundred most sensible concepts of the yr. most sensible tech awards. better of what's new in 2010
- Living and Studying Abroad: Research and Practice
- Modern Aspects of Emulsion Science
- Outlines of Forestry-Or The Elementary Principles Underlying The Science of Forestry-Being a Series of Primers of Forestry
- Elastic Waves in Random Media: Fundamentals of Seismic Stratigraphic Filtering
- Bodies of Nature
Extra info for The Business of Sports: A Primer for Journalists (Lea's Communication Series)
Paul, MN: West. NFL–NFLPA collective Bargaining Agreement. /subpage=CBA&complete Ozanian, J. (2004, February 29). Pro hockey is hemorrhaging money. But owning a team is still good business. Forbes, p. 124. , & Fort R. (1997). Paydirt: The business of professional team sports. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, p. 101 Roberts, G. R. (1984). Sports leagues and the Sherman Act: The use and abuse of Section 1 to regulate restraints in intra-league rivalry. UCLA Law Rev. 32:219, 241 n. 72. Roberts, G.
Html CHAPTER 2 The Structure of Individual Sports While professional team sports leagues involve similar governance systems, the business operations of individual sports differ greatly among themselves and from the league paradigm. Often Byzantine, an individual sport’s decision-making structure, compensation, sponsorships, and tournament characteristics are not easy to determine and do not receive the amount of coverage that team sports governance does. At one time, individual sport competition was limited to amateur athletes.
3. Which ownership structure is utilized by a particular team? Corporation? Limited partnership? Sole owner? 4. What rules exist regarding procedures for expansion of franchises? Relocations? 5. How does the league investigate prospective team owners? 6. If the league is a single entity, how is the stock ownership structured? How “pure” is the single entity? 7. What are the backgrounds, terms, and salaries of league officials? 8. Who possesses the disciplinary powers for on- and off-field incidents involving owners, team managers, or players?